28.1.09

Vegetables!

First, do you know how many blogs I write but don't post? A lot.

I'm making a vegetable tray for my bro Jake and his future wife Karleigh (its for their wedding). For most people, this would just be chopping up some veggies but I have something pretty amazing in the works (in my head). Because this has been on my mind for a while, I've been sorting vegetables out into colors so that I can 'paint' what I want the display to look like. Here are the colors and vegetables that I've thought of. I know that some aren't appropriate for a vegetable tray but you don't have to be picky when you brainstorm.

Red
tomatoes
red bell peppers
radishes

Orange
carrots
orange peppers
pumpkin
sweet potatoes

Yellow
some squash
corn
peppers

Green
broccoli
leafy things
asparagus
celery
olives
cucumbers
artichokes
bean sprouts
peas

Blue
turns out that blue isn't a popular color in the veggie world or really the food world for that matter. Check out this article. So maybe its a Darwin thing and once upon a time there were a lot of blue veggies but nobody wanted to eat them.


Purple
eggplant
beets
cabbage
beans
onions

Black
olives

White
mushrooms
cauliflower
onions
jicama
corn
turnips



I confess, I wrote this list out earlier today but I left it at work. Who will find it, and what will they think?

3 comments:

Ian said...

I voted for the blue m&m. wahoo!!
Nice list, i think you've got it covered...oh what about Purple Potatoes...and broccolli/cauliflower is now in a lot of colors.

brook said...

I voted for the purple m&m. I used to vote constantly on the pay phone at church and I was SO mad when blue won. I didn't know that we were on different sides of m & m politics.

gwen said...

...when they found your list at work, they thought it was the biddulph weekly shopping list and man were they ever impressed with your healthy choices!