25.10.08

What I learned this week.

I'm brave.
I had tooth #1 taken out on Monday.

Novocaine tastes horrible.
The shots weren't too bad but the taste after was Y-U-C-K-Y

I don't mind cleaning up my own blood as much as I do other people's.
I realized this as I was cleaning my room after the extraction and also as I was wiping my bloody foot prints off of the bathroom floor because of a freak razor accident.

Amoxicillin might make me very cheerful.
My family has some emotional allergic reactions. Chocolate makes my brother depressed, amoxicillin makes my gramma grumpy and it seems to make me happy and nice. (Ask Linwood.)

I can remember to take my drugs.
I have to take antibiotics every 6 hours because of some possible infection and I haven't missed a dose yet.

There is nothing to eat if I can't eat dairy.
I've heard that dairy might cause infection so I've decided to stop eating it for a week. When I'm hungry I mostly drink juice. Soon I'll be able to open my mouth wide enough to eat something else. Hopefully... I'm really hungry.

The tooth fairy doesn't come for adults.
I didn't get squat.

I can make dinner!
I made dinner 5 times this week! Thanks to simplifysupper.com

I'm not good at reciting Shakespeare while polishing someone's teeth.
But any other time, I'm pretty good.

Here are some pictures from this week.

My numb face.


Notice the blood on my cheek.


The mess.


Probably singing "How Much is that Doggy in the Window".


Trying to look cool.

4 comments:

Alexis said...

WOW!(made with three fingers on my right hand, my mouth WIDE open and three fingers on my left hand!)

Unknown said...

other than being slightly disgusted by the roots of that tooth...i enjoyed all the pictures :) i wish my dentist would sing to me while he cleaned...or maybe that'd be creepy, i dunno.

gwen said...

Did jacob appear before or after your extraction? I think we have a new picture for our Christmas card...

Anonymous said...

I disagree, you're Shakespeare recitation was impressive.