1.9.07

concerts:

I am working on a list of concerts I've been to, but it isn't ready yet. Here's a list of concerts I almost went to and missed them for some reason.

The Rentals...twice
They just toured recently but I was kind of touring the country at the same time. They played in SLC right after I left for Pittsburgh and then played a show in Pittsburgh a few days after I left and headed back to SLC. Bummerfest. My brother and friends saw them in Pittsburgh and Philladelphia.

Peter Bjorn & John
I was running late and couldn't find a parking spot...but the concert was free so no excuse is a good excuse.

Beastie Boys/Rage Against the Machine
They toured the summer of 2000 together. I spent $70 on a ticket and Mike D...or maybe it was Ad Rock got into a bike accident and broke his shoulder or something. The tour was cancelled and my dreams were broken.

The Mollies http://www.myspace.com/themolliesmusic
This is a local band that makes some beautiful music. We were on our way to see them and took our time getting there. We arrived just as the band AFTER them began to play. We haven't made it out to see them since.

The Flaming Lips
They played in Ohio the fall of 2002...right after I had moved to Utah which happens to be nowhere near Ohio. Brian went and had a chat with Wayne Coyne.

All Tomorrow's Parties Festival including:
Explosions in the Sky
J Mascis + The Fog
Lou Reed
Lungfish
Modest Mouse
The Black Heart Procession
The Walkmen
Wolf Parade
Sufjan Stevens
The Buff Medways featuring Billy Childish
White Hassle
White Magic
Willy Mason
Built to Spill
Constantines
Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks
The Cramps
The Flaming Lips
The Shins
Eagles of Death Metal
Love As Laughter
Magic Magicians
Peaches
Radar Brothers
Those Peabodys

What happened here? Last minute I decided that I just didn't feel like driving to California. I had bought the tickets. They were very pricey and I bought two, one for me and one for a friend (who I later ended up marrying so its okay). This decision will end up on a list of regrets but I have since seen a few of the bands.

There are probably more but I guess theses are the ones that I dwell on the most.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The rentals were great, both times...

And I'm listening to the mollies right now and they're sounding pretty good...

Also, I forget the plans for the weekend of my bday..but that same weekend is that happies concert which would be cool to go to, especially since its free.

(and apparently i have a blogger acount already..who knew!?)